Discover, Engage, and Share God
Our Children and Youth programs are designed to nurture and facilitate growth, empower, and equip our students to grow in their faith and live out their faith. Sunday’s during worship: There is a nursery provided for infants to 3-4 years old. Children are always welcome in the sanctuary as the parent choose.
Children’s church is ages 4 year old to 4th grade. Children gather in worship through our music service and go to children’s church after a Children’s moment with the Pastor. During Children’s church, children will discover, engage and share God through a variety of ways. There are timely messages, crafts and ways of serving the larger church.
Wednesday Connection for Children: Our Wednesday evening activities begin with a Connection meal at 5:40pm. At 6:30pm-7:30pm, we have classes for our K-3rd grade led by Sharon Holtom and 4th-5th grade led by Karen Green. In these classes, children will continue to grow as disciples of Jesus as they discover, engage, and share God through creative and empowering ways.
Wednesday Connection for youth begins with Youth Choir at 5:00pm in the Youth building. Connection meal is at 5:40pm in the Sanctuary. At 6:30pm-7:30pm, we have classes for middle school and high school students. These classes are designed to orchestrate growth, empower and equip their faith, and facilitate connecting with God and others. Contact Toni Bunch @ 904-259-3551 or follow us on facebook.
Sundays @ 11:00pm is a blended service of contemporary music and hymns with interactive sermons. 610 Church is every 3rd Saturday evening at 610. This service is a casual contemporary service unlike any other service.
Our Prayer Team organizes prayer to undergird our worship services and all of the ministries of our church. We have Prayer Partners and prayer chain that are ready to pray for at any time. We will hold special prayer events such as Prayer Walks and Prayer Vigils on an occasional basis. For more information, contact the office at 259-3551 or email @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Engaging God as we grow in love and devotion of God, ourselves, and others as we Discover God, Engage God, and Share God through discipleship.
- Our women’s group is reconnecting and reforming. Contact our church office @ 259-3551 or email at email@example.com
- Our men’s group is an active and vibrant group who meet on each 2nd Sunday morning of the month at 7:30am for breakfast, devotion and meeting. Our men are instrumental in a maintaining a booth at the fair and performing many ministries with the church and community which reach those in need.
- Young Adult
- Taco with the Thompson’s is coming soon be on the lookout.
- Wednesday Connection
- Connection meal at 5:40pm for two 12 week semesters
- Connection classes: 6:30pm-7:30pm
- Children: ages 4 to 3rd grade, 4th-5th grade
- Youth: Middle and High School Classes
- Adult: Various discipleship classes
- Share groups (small groups)
- Golden Girls meets at Louise Pearce’s house for Bible Study. This group engages the Upper Room devotional and other relevant topics.
- Short Term Share Groups (small groups are coming soon)
- First Impressions and Hospitality Team
- This team provides the invaluable service of a genuine welcome at our worship services. They provide an intentional welcome to worshipers through greeting, and assisting visitors to the services. This team also helps facilitate visitors ability to navigate around our facilities and to make our grounds visitor and member friendly. If you are interested in extending the welcome of Christ to worshipers, contact Edna Dean by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing God with ourselves and others as we Discover God, Engage God, and Share God in/through Service and Outreach
- FIFO (First Church In, First Church Out): FiFo is a local outreach opportunity in which throughout the year on a Sunday we will worship together, bring a picnic lunch and go serve in the community. We have started a partnership with the City of Macclenny in which we are going to provide care and upkeep to the Duck pond area. We will be responsible for painting on a regular basis the pavilions, docks, fences, gates, and the likes. We are also working to build a partnership with the recreations department in which we will provide care for a local park. Contact the Church office for more details: 904-259-3551 or email at email@example.com
- Bread and Soup Ministry: This ministry hands out bread and soup on Fridays to those who are in need at a local residents in Macclenny. If you are interested in donating or serving contact the ministry leads Tom and Carol Curtis @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homeless: This ministry is instrumental in meeting the needs of our communities homeless, transient homeless and families that struggle to meet their basic needs. If your are interested in donating to or serving in this ministry contact our ministry lead Mary Pregler at email@example.com
- Samaritan House: This ministry is a locally run ministry in which many of our members serve weekly. This ministry provides food and other services to community families in need. If you are interested in serving in this ministry contact our team lead Denise Melton at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Raiford Road Clothes Closet: This ministry is a locally run ministry in which many of our members serve weekly. This ministry provides clothing and other services to community families in need. If you are interested in serving in this ministry contact our team lead Patty Hone at email@example.com
- Day of Praise: This is once a year outreach ministry in which we create a festival atmosphere with things for children, live music and drama, food and more on the first Saturday of December. Our team lead is Mikell Anderson.
- Pumpkin Patch: Our youth and other ministries within our church operate the pumpkin patch during the month of October. Team lead is Toni Bunch.
- Crocheting Group: This unique ministry crochets blankets, hats, and other items to give to hospitals, law enforcement, emergency management, and other agencies who meet the needs of babies and displaced children or families. They meet each Thursday at 10am in our Library across the street from our sanctuary on North 5th If you are interested in participating contact Edna Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quilting Group: This unique ministry quilts blankets and other items to give to individuals and agencies who meet the needs of families, babies and displaced children and families. They meet each Thursday at 2pm in our Library across the street from our sanctuary on North 5th If you are interested in participating contact Shirley Nettles at email@example.com