Discover, Engage, and Share God
At First United Methodist Church of Macclenny (FUMC) we strive to provide a positive nurturing environment for our youth and children to grow in their relationship with Christ. We have experienced staff and volunteers that are dedicated to walking along side our youth and children as they learn about living a faith based life. FUMC is also committed to providing a safe environment for our children and youth and that is why all staff and volunteers undergo an application process and extensive background checks. The youth and children also attend several Christian camps and events throughout the year, as well as participate in mission work in the local community. Below is detailed information about our ministry programs, please join us anytime.
The children’s ministry is grades K-5th. Our Children program is designed to nurture and facilitate growth, empower, and equip children to live out their faith. Our Children’s Ministry Director is Jack Keefe and he has over 27 years of ministry program experience. Mr. Jack is multi talented with years of experience with christian musical stage performance and puppeteer shows.
On Sundays children first gather in worship services and enjoy opening music followed by a children’s moment with the Pastor, then head off to small group together. During Children’s small group, they will discover, engage and share God through a variety of ways. There are timely messages, crafts and ways of serving the larger church community.
Wednesday Connection for Children: Our Wednesday evening activities begin with a Connection meal at 5:30 pm. Then from 6:15 pm-7:15 pm children attend a small group class. In these classes, children will continue to grow as disciples of Jesus as they learn about God in creative and empowering ways. If you have any questions please contact Jack Keefe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 904-259-3551
**There is a nursery provided for infants to 3-4 years old. Children are always welcome in the sanctuary as the parent choose.**
Our youth ministry is for grades 6th – 12th and is designed to orchestrate growth, empower and equip young people with tools for their faith walk, and facilitate connecting with God and others. Our youth are led by Mrs. Toni Bunch who has over 20 years of teaching and ministry experience. She is full of great ideas, love and her ability to connect with kids of any age is legendary.
Every Sunday the youth have “Brunch Bunch” which is a youth led worship service that starts at 11:00 AM in the Gathering. This service also includes a delicious homemade (or semi-homemade) breakfast. Come and see what love is brewing!
Wednesday Connection for Youth: Youth starts with a connection meal every Wednesday at 5:30 pm in the Sanctuary. Then from 6:15 pm-7:15 pm youth head to small group classes. These classes are designed to give the youth tools and skills to walk with, and count on God, as they face the day to day pressures of tween and teen life.
If you have any questions about our youth program please contact Toni Bunch @ 904-259-3551 or email@example.com …… also follow the youth on facebook.
Join Us for Worship:
Services at 9:31 & 11:00 am. The 11 AM is a blended service of contemporary music and hymns. The 9:31 service is also known as “the Gathering” is a casual worship experience that emphasizes our connection with God……. and coffee!
How Can We Be In Prayer for You?
Our Prayer Team organizes prayer to undergird our worship services and all of the ministries of our church. We have Prayer Partners and prayer chain that are ready to pray for at any time. We will hold special prayer events such as Prayer Walks and Prayer Vigils on an occasional basis. For more information, contact the office at 259-3551 or email @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Engaging God as we grow in love and devotion of God, ourselves, and others as we Discover God, Engage God, and Share God through discipleship.
- Our men’s group is an active and vibrant group who meet on each 2nd Sunday morning of the month at 7:30am for breakfast, devotion and meeting. Our men are instrumental in a maintaining a booth at the fair and performing many ministries with the church and community which reach those in need.
- Young Adult
- Young Adults for Christ Small Group meets every Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. for Ages 18+, at 953 Red Fox Way, 32063
- Wednesday Connection
- Connection meal at 5:30pm (No Dinner June-August)
- Small Groups start at: 6:15 pm-7:15 pm
- Children: ages K-5th grade
- Youth: Middle and High School Classes
- Adult: Various discipleship classes
- Share groups (small groups)
- Golden Girls meets at Louise Pearce’s house for Bible Study. This group engages the Upper Room devotional and other relevant topics.
- First Impressions and Hospitality Team
- This team provides the invaluable service of a genuine welcome at our worship services. They provide an intentional welcome to worshipers through greeting, and assisting visitors to the services. This team also helps facilitate visitors ability to navigate around our facilities and to make our grounds visitor and member friendly. If you are interested in extending the welcome of Christ to worshipers, contact Nat Torres by emailing email@example.com
Sharing God with ourselves and others as we Discover God, Engage God, and Share God in/through Service and Outreach
- FIFO (First Church In, First Church Out): FiFo is a local outreach opportunity in which throughout the year on a Sunday we will worship together, bring a picnic lunch and go serve in the community. We have started a partnership with the City of Macclenny in which we are going to provide care and upkeep to the Duck pond area. We will be responsible for painting on a regular basis the pavilions, docks, fences, gates, and the likes. We are also working to build a partnership with the recreations department in which we will provide care for a local park. Contact the Church office for more details: 904-259-3551 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homeless: This ministry is instrumental in meeting the needs of our communities homeless, transient homeless and families that struggle to meet their basic needs. If your are interested in donating to or serving in this ministry contact our ministry lead Mary Pregler at email@example.com
- Samaritan House: This ministry is a locally run ministry in which many of our members serve weekly. This ministry provides food and other services to community families in need. If you are interested in serving in this ministry contact our church office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pumpkin Patch: Our youth and other ministries within our church operate the pumpkin patch during the month of October. Team lead is Toni Bunch.
- Crocheting Group: This unique ministry crochets blankets, hats, and other items to give to hospitals, law enforcement, emergency management, and other agencies who meet the needs of babies and displaced children or families. They meet each Thursday at 10am in our Library across the street from our sanctuary on North 5th If you are interested in participating contact Edna Dean at email@example.com
- Quilting Group: This unique ministry quilts blankets and other items to give to individuals and agencies who meet the needs of families, babies and displaced children and families. They meet each Thursday at 2pm in our Library across the street from our sanctuary on North 5th If you are interested in participating contact Shirley Nettles at firstname.lastname@example.org